November 2, 2011 | Heather Beaudry, NADRA’s National Program Coordinator, ended the annual NADRA meeting and awards ceremony by challenging each person in the room to make a pledge. Most of you have heard of NADRA programs like education and the master deck builder certification. You’ve heard about deck safety month, code, testing and NADRA’s Deck for a Soldier® program. You love the ideas; you want to stand behind them. You want to be part of the passion. But more than likely, you attend NADRA events and shows like DeckExpo leaving with new prospects and reaffirmed customers. You leave with great memories and a renewed sense of enthusiasm for our industry… and that’s great. But we’re asking for more.
Take what you have seen and heard from NADRA’s annual meeting, take what you’ve learned from being involved with your industry association and Pass it on. Make a pledge.
What’s a pledge? “…it’s a solemn promise or undertaking.” Here is a list of some examples:
• Make a pledge to lend your creative team to NADRA
• Make a pledge to send NADRA’s eNews (the Industry brief and The BUZZ) to all of your contacts
• A pledge to add NADRAs logo to your marketing and packaging
• How about a pledge to help us with PR and distribution?
• A pledge to get your engineers involved in code
• Make a pledge to sign up just one new member!
• A pledge to have each of your representatives join NADRA under the branch category
• A pledge to support NADRAs 2012 regional education tour
• A pledge to donate your air mileage to help offset travel expenses
• Make a pledge to do the right thing… for the right reason.. and have some fun doing it!
• If you are not a NADRA member, make a pledge to join!
So, in the days and weeks ahead, fill out a pledge form. Call headquarters and talk to the team. Tell us more about yourself and your company and let’s work together… because a small pledge from each of you will make all the difference. It’s called… The Power of One.