Tips from NADRA.org
March is right around the corner, and that means we’re entering “Home Show Season”. It’s the end of the winter, the early customers are calling and inquiring. Now is our last chance to button-up any policies, procedures, and give our companies one last “spring cleaning” before the rush!
Home Show Tips:
- Market the event ahead of time. Ask your family, friends and fans to share a post about the show. It’s human nature to want to help. Your family and friends will want to share your post and tell people about it! If you’re feeling shy about it, offer a free prize to a random fan that shares your post. That way everyone wins!
- Pull the crowd into your booth. Try something interactive: Corn hole, giant size connect 4 or jenga.
- Two things everyone has a hard time saying “no” to! Hand Sanitizer and Candy. Do yourself a favor and stock up!
- Collect Potential Customer Contact information. Grab a fish bowl, use an app, anything! Have your prospects fill out their info and be sure to get permission to contact them. Run a content to entice them to fill it out. Simple ideas might be: $100 gift card to a local pub, Target or big box store gift card, maybe a free lighting package to name a few. Just make sure to give them reason to pass along their contact info.
- Ask the crowd to pull out their phones, bring up your social media platforms and follow you. Reward them with some branded promotional merchandise. Who says no to a free Tshirt, stickers, sunglasses or Trucker hat?
- Guys. C’mon. Put the phone down! Stand tall, shoulders back, make eye contact and be present. Greet your potential customers. Smile.
- Avoid clustering together and having staff discussions. Don’t turn your back to the walk ways. Look approachable.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Don’t dilly dally when it comes to follow up. Follow up right away. Most people can’t remember what they ate for breakfast yesterday! Don’t wait too long before following up. Make it a priority.
Good luck at the show. Be sure to post photos and if you’re feeling up to it, tag your friends at @NADRARocks, or at least use the #NADRARocks hashtag so we can find your home show photos!
Preparing for the busy season ahead. A few questions to ask yourself:
- Is there any last-minute education to wrap up?
- Are all of our vendor agreements in place?
- Are your trucks and trailers lettered and in good shape?
- Are you displaying the NADRA logo and pledge on your marketing materials? (stand out from the competition!)
- Are your business cards printed with updated industry certifications and social media information? Do you have any awards to add to these?
- Are you utilizing NADRA’s Deck Safety Month® Marketing Tools?
- Do you have marketing pieces ready?
- Job site signs in good shape?
- Crew T-shirts and hats stocked?
- Do you have a good camera for your before and after pictures? Or is this the year to consider adding a drone?
- How is the website, email signature, and voicemail greetings?
If you don’t have these things ready, you have time, but that time is now! Go get it done. You’ll feel better prepared, and at the end of the day, you’ll know you did everything you could to be ready for the season.If you’re wondering where to get the best job-site signs, or you’re not sure where to order your T-shirts, don’t forget to reach out to your fellow NADRA members to ask. That’s what we are here for! Ask away. Use NADRA’s social media platforms to ask questions, hop on LinkedIn to start a discussion, Tweet! Instagram seems to be the most active these days. @NADRARocks. Use whatever platform makes it easy for you to ask your question. It’s human nature to want to help. Someone will answer you. Use your NADRA network to better your business. We are here for you. Your NADRA Board of Directors, and Home Office staff are here to help. Feel free to call or email any of us, if we can assist in any way.
We will have more tips coming your way in future issues of your industry brief.
Your friends at NADRA