The below inquiry came in from a NADRA Maryland Deck Builder. With permission from Dave, we opted to post this publicly so we could accept replies from fellow members and industry leaders. Please reply in the comments section. There will be an approval process, so give us a day or two to post your comments. Thank you!
- What does code require in regards to wood rail post attachment……outside of RB61-13
- Why are some jurisdictions mandating the Simpson or USP bracket…..???
- What is testing results of 2 thru bolts and blocking??
- Can the “FRANK” VT testing be published or accessible for use by all jurisdictions or is it only for sale to those who benefit???? Seems to be yet another PRIME example of how code is more a for profit industry and not for the public good
- Why are we being forced to spend on average $200.+ on hardware and 3 hours of time + to install this crap when EVERYONE BUT code officials and testers know that 2 bolts and proper blocking would meet the code requirements of RB61-13 ????