10 Content Marketing Ideas That Will Get The Creative Juices Flowing:
By: Heather A. Marchand
Your marketing department, whether it be a team of 10 or an army of one, recognize the importance of content marketing, but you don’t know what to blog or write about.
Here are 10 tips to help you get started:
- Find a way to connect on a personal level. What season is it? What holiday is coming up?
- Go to an industry event. Take videos and pictures. Write about it.
- Are you involved with a charity program? If so, talk about. If not, get involved.
- Animals, children, and health & wellness are the most shared and talked aboutcauses on social media (Source: Waggener Edstrom)
- Say something funny. “If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.” Robert Frost
- Customer testimonials! Customer testimonials and case studies are considered themost effective content marketing tactics, identified by 89%, respectively,of B2B marketers. (2013 B2B Content Marketing Trends Report)
- Assign one employee to SlideShare and figure out how to leverage this tool as part of your content marketing.
- Add a few employees (not involved in your marketing department) each week to your content marketing plan
- Videos! Posts with videos attract 3x more inbound links than plain text posts.(SEOmoz)
- Sit down with your sales team and ask each one of them what your customers biggest complaint is. Write about it.
Say something different. Don’t say what everyone else is saying. Talk about Llamas, sewing, your kids, or your customers kids, vacation (ok, maybe not sewing) but say something people will want to share, and most importantly, have fun with it & be yourself. This is about connecting & giving your readers and fans a chance to feel like they know you. Be passionate, be inspirational, be yourself & have fun!