NADRA NJ Chapter Deck For a Soldier in Brick Township Update:
The plans of the approved design are now off to be sealed by the Architect and will be submitted to the township very soon. The starting date of this build has been set for Monday 9/23/13 and will run for that entire week or until it is completed.
There are donations that are still needed, so please if you are a builder, supplier or manufacturer who can help us with the following materials or physical labor please contact Gustavo de la Cruz at Gdelacruz@BarrettOutdoors.com. We are in need of the following materials:
- Paving bricks, stone base and sand for a small patio next to the deck
- Beam hangers for steel framing
- Post to beam connectors
- Stair stringer connectors and screws
- Of course there are many more small things necessary to make the build happen so if you can help, please call Gustavo to check what may still be needed.
- We are also looking for more labor donations from our builder members, so lets go builders, please call and donate some time, it will give you a great feeling to help a deserving veteran.
We want to say thank you to all of the manufacturers who have already stepped up to the plate with donations, like Trex for their Elevations steel framing, Fiberon for the decking, Niece Lumber for the pressure treated lumber, Regal Ideas for the railings, I-Lighting for the lighting. We also want to thank all of the builders, who are in the middle of busy season, have stepped up and pledged time to build this project. Again if there is anything that you can help us with, it will be greatly appreciated, please just coordinate it with Gustavo. Last but not least, thank you Gustavo de la Cruz for taking the lead on this build and Robert Lasalle for supplying the plans for this deck. The Board has also received another application from a D4S candidate and is currently looking into the feasibility of a northern NJ build in late fall. If you have any comments on that build, please contact Bruce Verblaauw at email@example.com or 201-327-7864.