61st Atlantic Builders Convention to Attract 9,000 Attendees, 600 Exhibits, Industry Experts to Atlantic City, April 14-16th
Hamilton, NJ – April 2010 | The Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC) is the Northeast’s largest and most influential building industry trade show and conference. It convenes next week – April 14-16, 2010 at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, NJ. The annual event is hosted by the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA), and is expected to draw 9,000 attendees from throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. The three-day tradeshow and conference features 600 exhibits, a distinguished list of guests and presenters, timely and relevant educational programs, and a number of social and networking events.
The theme for this year’s ABC is “Changing Tides” which, according to NJBA President Michael Karmatz, “…appropriately reflects the ebb and flow of our industry, the changing economic and regulatory currents within which we conduct our business, and the ups and downs of homebuilding in recent years.”
Tim Touhey, CEO and EVP of the NJBA, said, “This year’s convention takes place at a critical turning point in our industry and our economy. Recent reports and economic forecasts indicate that we have already begun the long, slow recovery process, and that consumers still value homeownership as both a goal and a long-term investment.”
Touhey continued, “This Great Recession has deeply affected the homebuilding industry. However, we continue to work toward getting the hammers swinging again – putting people back to work, building and remodeling homes, and generating real economic stimulus.“
Convention highlights include:
• Economic Forecast Seminar – this highly-anticipated program plays host to an esteemed panel of experts including: David Crowe, Chief Economist and Senior VP, National Association of Home Builders; Joel L. Naroff, President and Founder, Naroff Economic Advisors; Jeff Otteau, President, Otteau Valuation Group, Inc.; and Tim Touhey, CEO and EVP of the NJBA. The panel will discuss how emerging economic conditions and demographic trends will shape the demand for housing, and what lies ahead for the homebuilding industry. The seminar takes place Tuesday, April 13th at Caesars Atlantic City in the Palladium Ballroom beginning at 1:00 p.m.
• Accredited Courses on Green Building, Trends in Land Use Law, Annual Environmental Review & Trends in Environmental Law, Brownfield Remediation and the LSRP Program, Residential Structural Framing, COAH, Converting Age-Restricted Developments to Market Housing, and many others providing the opportunity to earn AIA, AICP CM, CEU, and CLE credits, plus EPA Lead Certification. Most educational programs take place Wednesday – Friday mornings, April 14th – 16th, at the Atlantic City Convention Center.
• 22nd Annual Sales and Marketing (SAM) Awards Banquet honoring sales and marketing achievement – a spectacular networking event taking place Tuesday evening, April 13th at The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa Atlantic City beginning at 6:30 p.m.
• SAM Awards Brunch featuring National Sales Trainer, Melinda Brody, who will “Rock Your Sales”: taking place Wednesday, April 14th beginning at 11 a.m. in room 402 of the Atlantic City Convention Center.
• Opening Ceremonies featuring The Mummers Band and a National Anthem performance by Casey Sky Noon of Kipcon Inc. beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 14th in Halls B & C of the Atlantic City Convention Center. NJ DEP Commissioner Bob Martin is scheduled to participate.
• Welcome Beach Party Reception in the Atrium of the Atlantic City Convention Center on Wednesday, April 14th from 5-6 p.m. – free and open to all registered ABC attendees and exhibitors. The event will feature food tastings by some of Atlantic City’s popular eateries, refreshments, and live entertainment by Greater Media Radio.
• NJBA Annual Industry Awards Luncheon honoring those who have made outstanding contributions to housing and/or the home building industry in New Jersey, and featuring entertainment by Carmen Ciricillo – construction comedian and star of the Discovery Channel’s “Your New House”. The ticketed event takes place Thursday, April 15th in room 402 of the Atlantic City Convention Center, beginning at 12:30 p.m.
• NJBA Annual Installation Banquet for the induction of NJBA’s 2010-2011 slate of officers. This must-attend gala event will be held Thursday evening, April 15th at One Atlantic – on The Pier at Caesars Atlantic City beginning at 6:30 p.m. and featuring entertainment by the Ken Ulansey Ensemble.
• Legends of Housing presentation: The Legends of Housing is the NJBA’s highest honor and most prestigious designation; it will be presented this year to Tom Paparone for his substantial, measurable and enduring impact on housing New Jersey families. The presentation will take place during the NJBA Annual Installation Banquet on Thursday evening, April 15th.
• Exhibits featuring state-of-the art building products, “green” and innovative technologies and services, plus hands-on demonstrations. This year’s exhibit hall will feature an “Ask the Expert” area where professionals in the legal, accounting, insurance and building trades will be available to answer questions; a Green House; and several other areas of interest. Additionally, for the first time in the show’s history, ABC exhibitors will be permitted to sell products and services on the show floor. The ABC exhibit hall will be open Wednesday & Thursday, April 14th & 15th, from 12 noon – 5 p.m.; and on Friday, April 16th from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
“The ABC provides an important forum for those within and affiliated with the homebuilding industry to convene and participate in nearly a week’s worth of valuable educational and networking events designed to deliver a significant return on investment. This year’s show is no exception,” said Karmatz. “The quality of our attendees and participants is second to none. No one within the homebuilding and remodeling industries can afford to miss the 2010 Atlantic Builders Convention.”
ABC Committee Chair Eileen Monesson concurred, saying, “This year’s show is infused with excitement and opportunity. Come and be a part of ABC!”
Additional information is available online, at www.abconvention.com.
About the Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC)
Now in its 61st year, the ABC is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast, drawing approximately 9,000 participants from a six-state region, including residential and commercial builders, developers, remodelers and subcontractors, plus a variety of consulting professionals. The three-day convention features 600 exhibits showcasing the latest products and services to a large and diverse audience of decision makers. Attendees gain up-to-date information about the latest market trends, government policies and technical developments at educational seminars. Additional information is available online, at www.abconvention.com. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter.
About the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA)
The New Jersey Builders Association is a housing industry trade association of 2,000 member firms including builders, developers, remodelers, subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, consultants and other professionals dedicated to meeting the housing needs of all New Jersey residents and facilitating their realization of the American Dream. NJBA serves as a resource for its members through continuing education and advocacy. The NJBA and its members strive for a better, greener, more affordable New Jersey. Additional information is available at www.njba.org.