P.O. Box 829
Quakertown, PA 18951
Phone: 215.679.4884 - Fax: 888.623.7248
For immediate release
DECKTOOLS PRICING AND RELEASE PLAN CHANGES
An Important Announcement for all DeckTools Customers and NADRA Members
Naples, FL, August 14, 2007: DeckTools is announcing one of the biggest changes in DeckTools history in order to keep bringing you the best deck design and sales software for the Deck and Railing industry. Effective August 14, 2007, a DeckTools software license will now be available for a price of $1,495. Please take a couple of minutes to read this important announcement carefully as it affects DeckTools updates, subscribers, and licensees. It also introduces an unmatched benefit exclusive to incoming and existing NADRA members.
Switching to a Release Plan:
DeckTools will now have no more than one major software release per calendar year. For example, the next DeckTools release (previously titled Build 253) will now be titled DeckTools 2007 and will be the biggest release of this year. Any additional updates in 2007 will be limited to fixes and/or minor changes. Plans for DeckTools 2008 (previously titled DeckTools 2.0) are already underway and future releases will be titled accordingly based on the year of the major release. Each new version will contain all of its new features and materials upon its release. Any training on future releases through venues such as NADRA and DeckExpo will cover all of the features incorporated into the new release, minimizing the learning curve on new features to your off season.
New DeckTools Pricing Structure:
DeckTools is dramatically changing the price of a DeckTools license for the first time since DeckTools began in 2003. DeckTools is going to test this new pricing structure for a limited time to gauge how it is received by the industry. Starting today, August 14, 2007, the price for a DeckTools 1.2 Build 252 license is $1,495 USD. This new price provides access to DeckTools 1.2 Build 252 on your machine for as long as you want. It also includes all software updates for this calendar year, including DeckTools 2007. When the next major upgrade is released (expected to be DeckTools 2008), it will be priced at $1,495 USD. If you already own DeckTools 2007 at that time, you will have the option to upgrade to DeckTools 2008 for about 40% of that cost (specifically $600). This is not the same as a subscription or a support contract as you've seen with other products in this industry; if you don't feel the features in the next major release merit the upgrade then just keep using and benefiting from DT 2007 or wait and see if you find the next upgrade more compelling. The choice is yours.
Existing Customer Benefits:
Why You Should Join NADRA Now!
Frequently Asked Questions about This Announcement:
1. What is the difference between a subscription and a license purchase? A subscription is a recurring payment, either monthly or quarterly, to license DeckTools software only for that time period. A license purchase refers to the purchased rights to use the version of software for a longer period of time. Subscribers can become license purchase customers by converting their subscription to a license at a discounted license purchase price.
2. What is a Premiere Customer? A Premiere Customer is any DeckTools license customer that purchased prior to the date of this announcement, or any subscriber that converted their subscription to a license purchase prior to the end of August 2007.
3. What is the difference between an update and an upgrade? An Update is a free release with minor revisions, additions, and fixes to an existing software version. An Upgrade is a paid release with major revisions and new feature additions which result in a new title for the software, such as from DeckTools 2007 to DeckTools 2008.
4. What are the different versions of DeckTools software? DeckTools 1.0 was released in early 2005, DeckTools 1.1 was released in early 2006, and DeckTools 1.2 was released in late 2006. The next version of DeckTools, to be released in 2007, is DeckTools 1.3 (build 253) and it will now be titled DeckTools 2007. The next major release after DeckTools 2007 was going to be called 2.0 and is now expected to be titled DeckTools 2008.
5. How do I take advantage of the NADRA limited time discount on DeckTools? If you are not a NADRA member then join NADRA following the directions at the NADRA.org website. If you are already a member, or once you become a member, you will have access to a private DeckTools Online Store page through the members' area of the NADRA website.